Role: Buyer - Engineering
2fawcett are recruiting for a Buyer, to join a company located in Sheffield on a Permanent Basis. You will manage the existing operational suppliers of business to identify areas of development, to manage performance expectations. Reduce costs and develop activity with new operational suppliers.
The Role & Responsibilities of Buyer – Engineering
- Weekly review of supplier accounts based in Europe, forecasting orders .
- Identify opportunities to achieve cost savings through smarter buying or re-sourcing exercises.
- Booking stock into the system for orders received and put away.
- Monitor supplier performance and report findings.
- Creation of internal documents for the warehouse to process deliveries.
- Continuously monitor order due dates and chase suppliers accordingly.
- Maintain system information upon supplier feedback to ensure all stakeholders have the most up to date information.
- Closely checking all order confirmations to ensure we are charged the correct amount and escalating if there are any issues.
- Liaise with all departments of the business with regards to stock, stock availability and relevant requests
- Negotiating with Suppliers.
Requirements of Buyer
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple tasks requiring attention
- Enthusiastic and proactive with a keen eye for detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Confident communicator on the phone and by email
- Previous experience working in a purchasing role
What will you get in return
- Progression Plans
- A brilliant place to work
- Salary negotiable upon experience
Monday – Friday
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.