Sales Assistant - Leytonstone
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a 'Top Employer' for 5 consecutive years. If you're passionate about working with people, you're able to put your customer first, and you want to know what it's like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as a Sales Assistant.
You'll be working for Jewson's in Reading. Jewson's is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK with over 500 branches; we've come a long way since opening our first store in 1836!
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working. A great Sales Assistant at Jewson's will put the customer first, focusing on finding solutions for them and building trust. Truly acting as an entrepreneur you will be proactive, taking time to understand your customers. You'll also show resilience when things don't go according to plan; being open to new ideas and happy to learn.
There is some specific knowledge and experience we are looking for from suitable candidates;
- Industry knowledge is preferred - builder's merchants, DIY retail etc
- A strong Sales focus with experience in a similar role
- Passion for delivering great customer service
What will I be doing in the role?
Our Sales Assistants are an important contributor to the performance of the business and to ensure our customers have a positive experience with us. As this role has a strong focus on sales, we are looking for someone who loves building relationships with Customers and proactively generate sales both face to face and over the phone. To support our customers effectively you will;
- Get to know our product lines and services in order to make the most of all customer interactions
- Develop great relationships with new and existing Customers (both face to face and over the phone), understanding their needs and providing proactive advice and solutions
- Use our in-house systems to process customer orders, organise delivery times, and keep customers updated throughout their journey
- Assisting Customers on our trade counter
- Maintain stock levels, carrying out regular stock counts
- Make Health & Safety a priority and demonstrate how you can keep yourself and others safe at work
- Work with colleagues to suggest opportunities for improvement
Are Jewson and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We're working hard to be, and we're keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.