James Hall & Co. Ltd traces its roots back to 1863 when founder James Hall opened a bacon cutting business and retail shop in Southport, Lancashire. James Hall Group of Companies has operated in Lancashire for over 150 years. We believe that our success is due to the team work, skills and commitment of our employees.
G&E Murgatroyd Ltd. & G&E Murgatroyd NECS Ltd. are the Company Owned Stores divisions of James Hall & Co. Ltd. We currently operate over 150 SPAR stores across the North of England, which include Petrol filling stations, Post Offices, Butchery Units and Deli’s. We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic individual to join our sales team as a Retail Assistant.
More About the Role
As a Retail Assistant you will be at the forefront of our stores driving customer service. It is your job to provide help and assistance to the customer to ensure they find everything they need whilst they are in our store.
Here’s What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Maximise sales by delivering excellent customer service
- Controlling costs and waste
- Till operation and cash handling
- Controlling and replenishing stock levels
- Maintaining security within the store according to Company procedures
- Ensuring that all store standards including customer service, health and safety, and food and hygiene are maintained
- General cleaning duties
- To maintain and up date administration in accordance with existing procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Product Knowledge is essential
- Be helpful and friendly and feel comfortable working with the public
- To be enthusiastic, committed and self motivated
- Adopts a ‘can do’ attitude to challenging situations
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- To be able to work as part of a team but also on their own initiative
- Previous experience in retail is preferred but not essential
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or level 4 (or equivalent)
All James Hall Group of Companies have a similar culture and our way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As a member of our retail division, you can take full advantage of our benefits package, which includes:
- Occupational pension scheme
- Life insurance scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- SPAR discount scheme
- Annual loyalty bonus scheme
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discount scheme
- Paid leave in the event of a family bereavement
- Enhanced Christmas day rate of pay
- Christmas gift
- Training and development
- Apprenticeship opportunities
- Enhanced alarm call out rate
Hours of work: 18 Hours Per Week
Location: Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 7RT
You may have experience of the following: Food to Go, Food Service Assistant, Retail Assistant, Supermarket, Customer Service, Grocery, FMCG, Store Assistant, Food Retail, Convenience Store, Sales Assistant etc.
Ref: 105 751
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.