Global Blue Chip – Food Supplier
Competitive Basic + Package
Are you an proven purchasing professional, with ideally a strong background in direct sourcing, looking to develop your skills working alongside industry leading professionals in a collaborative, positive and global organisation?
This globally recognised market leading business, with a multitude of household brands within the food industry, is currently on the market for Buyer role on a 12 month FTC. The role is looking to take full ownership over global commodity spend, driving strategic sourcing, negotiating competitive rates and driving supplier management to ultimately keep this key area of spend competitive from a price perspective.
- Responsible for the management and procurement of Brand and customer own label across 10 suppliers, covering 50 SKUs and an annualised spend of circa £20m.
- Develop, maintain and constantly review the Group supply strategies ensuring appropriate contingent and competitive supply on-going.
- Responsible for the management of purchase contracts in line with our sold positions and strategic purchasing decisions in conjunction with company policy.
- Responsible for the management and purchasing of currency in line with company policy.
- Constantly research and develop alternative sources of supply for consideration and ensure regular tenders are held utilising all available methods and technology at our disposal. Analysing and evaluating quotations submitted by suppliers to ensure that the quality, quantity, delivery, optimises total cost to the business after consideration of working capital costs, factory utilisation lead times, etc.
Buyer role requirements:
- Degree – or equivalent, preferably in Business Studies with a bias to the purchasing function but not a pre-requisite.
- Associate of the CIPS is preferred but not a pre-requisite.
- Extensive experience in a Buying role
- Can demonstrate excellent negotiation skills
- Wide knowledge of FMCG and market conditions.
- Very strong communication & team working skills.
- Spanish and French an advantage but not a pre-requisite.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a methodical, structured approach.
- Advanced user of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus, SAP experience.
- Have a real passion for food and will be required to eat fish
- Extensive experience working in cross functional teams
- Experience of working on NPD projects
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to (url removed) or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.