We are looking for someone to join our Sheldon Service on a permanent, part time basis (30 hours a week). Shifts will be spread across mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
Have you thought about working for Mencap?
Mencap is a leader in providing excellent support to people with a learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
We have immediate opportunities for support workers to provide vital support to people with a learning disability through this tough time. We're recruiting for a 30 hour Support Worker post in the Sheldon area of Birmingham.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. Everything we do at Mencap keeps the people we support at the centre of what we do.
With us, it’s never ‘just a job’. In return for your hard work and passion you can find real and meaningful work experience, access to some amazing benefits alongside our competitive pay.
What does a Support Worker do?
As a Support Worker you will be expected to provide an outstanding level of support that will enormously contribute to the people we support, living a more comfortable, dignified, liberated and happy life.
- Personal care - helping people to get ready for the day and assisting with bathing, showering and using the bathroom.
- Supporting people to live independently – budget management, paying bills, house work, organising appointments and cooking delicious healthy meals.
- Excellent communication skills/relationship building – supporting the person to understand the world around them and promoting positive relationships.
- Community & Social Inclusion- Supporting individuals to access and participate in their local community and Social events to promote life skills and individuality.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the direct gov website.
No two days are never the same, sometimes they may be challenging but always positive so click apply now to be considered! For further information about this position please contact Candice Lancaster on (phone number removed).
*All roles are subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references.
* To continue to keep the people we support safe; we will continue to follow the government guidelines regarding Covid-19. This means due to impending changes to government legislation it will be mandatory, unless you are medically exempt, to have had both covid-19 vaccines prior to starting work in our registered services.
Job ID: 22579
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.