£42,000 - £53,700 per annum
Nelson Permanent Placements are currently recruiting for a Store Manager for our client who are a reputable supermarket chain in the UK who are looking to add Store Managers to their retail outlets across the Birmingham area.
It will be your duty to provide the best possible shopping experience by exceeding customers’ expectations and offering uniquely engaging customer service, whilst ensuring an efficient and co-operative working environment, consistent store standards, minimal costs, optimum productivity, tightly controlled inventory and price change, strong due diligence, procedural compliance and accurate accounts.
To be considered for this role you must have 5+ years’ experience driving high performing teams within a food retail background.
Our client offers guaranteed salary increments each year for your first 3 years upto £61k
- Authorises the duties of all employees in their store
- Decides about handling complaints up to the limit determined. In case of complaints exceeding the limit they inform their Area Manager immediately
- Determines the suspension of their employees and informs their Area Manager immediately
- Authorises the working hours, time off and breaks, as well as overtime if required, of all employees in their store
- Authorises voids and refunds according to Company procedures
- Organises holidays of their employees
- Determines reduced prices for last units of special products on sale.
- Enables customers to shop with ease by ensuring colleagues do not leave unattended obstructions in aisles
- Ensures cleaning duties are undertaken as required in all areas of the store
- Maximises product availability by ensuring colleagues always act upon off-sales immediately; assigning them to the relevant area of store to ensure replenishment of off sales is the priority
- Carries out the ordering of stock
- Carries out spot checks on product quality
- Is responsible for controlling accuracy of the till operation, reviewing cashiers till speed and balance when cashing off tills
- Carries out till spot checks
- Checks purchases of their employees and signs the till receipts
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience in an Store Manager role
- Experience in a food retail role
- Experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team and using your own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
Please apply with your CV. This will be reviewed by a member of our team who will consider your skills and experience against the criteria required for the role. Please be aware we receive a high volume of applications - if successful, you will be contacted within 72 hours.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Nelson Recruitment Services Ltd. The services of Nelson Recruitment Services Ltd are that of an Employment Agency. Please be advised that our client can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom. Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply, as your details will not be processed
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.