At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a 'Top Employer' for 5 consecutive years. If you're passionate about working with people, you're able to put your customer first, and you want to know what it's like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as Trainee Internal Sales Consultant.
You'll be working for International Timber in Falkirk. International Timber is one of more than 30+ exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and, since 1970, has been the UK's leading importer and distributor of bespoke, sustainable timber and panel products. With over 50 years' experience within the timber industry, this is an amazing place to start your career!
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; so whether you've never worked in this industry before, or had years of experience with one our competitors, you're just as likely to be a great fit! A Forecasting and Purchasing Manager at International TImber will manage and control the stock holding in line with agreed stock budget and sales requirements whilst ensuring stock competitive purchase prices and adequate suppliers' service level.
A suitable candidate will have;
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Strong negotiating skills, contract and quality of service provided management
- Ability to contribute to the development and implementation of material category strategies and support supply chain initiatives
- Conduct routine market monitoring and business continuity assessment of suppliers and supply chains
- Ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Commitment to ensuring all elements of customer service are satisfied
- Demonstrates working knowledge of inventory management software and Microsoft Excel at Advanced level
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Commitment to continuous improvement of the job role
What will I be doing in the role?
Our Forecasting and Purchasing Manager will be an important contributor to the performance of the business and to ensure our stock is purchased at competitive prices as required.
The successful candidate will;
- Maintain appropriate stock levels to the budgeted values and sales demand
- Ensure competitiveness of purchase prices
- Monitor and control total cost of ownership of product
- Plan stock holding and deliveries accordingly to the sites capacities
We're working hard to be, and we're keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.