Interim Financial Accountant sought by leading luxury skincare brand for 4-6 months.
Based in Central London 2 days a week.
As Financial Accountant you will be working with and supported by the Finance Manager for Northern Europe and will be responsible for the completion and review of monthly internal management reporting (month-end); managing the appropriateness and accuracy of balance sheets; monitoring and managing cash flows; ensuring statutory obligations are adhered to (i.e. tax, audit and corporate secretarial); and assist with the annual budgeting process.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business where stores can be found all over the world!
Monthly Management Reporting.
- Monthly transnational processing, to ensure the timely completion of management accounts within internal deadlines.
- Assist and provide guidance to the Accounts Payable Officer, Northern Europe in completion of their duties.
- Ensure consistent financial processes are in place across European subsidiaries.
- Review monthly Income Statements and Balance Sheets for errors/omissions, ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and ensure that the basis of preparation of financial information from subsidiaries is in accordance with GAAP and AIFRS.
- Provide high level commentary and analysis to the Finance Manager on monthly performance and drivers of variances.
- Review and control balance sheets and ensure tight control over provisions and receivables.
- Ensure foreign currency balances are revalued appropriately in the monthly management accounts.
- Update and reconcile inter company loan accounts for all relevant group entities, ensuring that these accounts are reconciled regularly.
- Review Capex spending against forecast and ensure any variations are approved in accordance with company policy.
- Develop a commercial understanding of subsidiary businesses and communicate commercial issues to the Finance Manager as required.
Compliance and Governance
The Financial Accountant will assist the Finance Manager, in conjunction with local advisors and finance teams, with the following tasks:
- Assist with the completion of all annual statutory audits, where required.
- Assist with co-ordinating the completion and lodgement of all tax compliance requirements, including corporate tax, GST/VAT/Sales tax returns, employment taxes, etc
- Help to ensure company policies and procedures are followed and that appropriate financial controls are in place.
Preparation of annual budgets
The Financial Accountant, Northern Europe will assist the Finance Manager, with support from local country managers, in preparing the annual budget for some of the regions in Europe.
- Assist with preparing an annual detailed P&L budget by subsidiary, by store phased by month.
- Assist with preparing an annual Capex budget on a 'by project' basis, phased by month.
- Provide analysis of the annual budget including commentary on the key underlying assumptions and any significant year on year variances and/or variances to the 5-year strategic plan.
For more information please contact me (url removed)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.