Our client is passionate about beautiful bathrooms and offer a carefully curated collection of bathroom furnishings and finishes. They sell products via their website, over the phone or by email. The items sold are a mixture of in-stock items and items that are made-to-order through a trusted network of craftsman and suppliers.
Due to the volume of sales and the growth of the business they are now looking for a senior manager to take over duties from the founder in managing the business processes and people for delivering customer orders; from the initial point of client contact through ordering and to final delivery and after sales care.
It is a full-time role and will require the successful candidate to work from the Head Office with appropriate Covid related protections. There will be some flexibility for home working and the possibility of a 4-day week for the right candidate.
Overall Responsibilities for the Business Manager:
You will be required to manage a team of 3 people which includes hiring, structuring and training more people as the company continues to grow over the next few years. Your priorities will sit equally in sales (providing clear information to customers and staff when dealing with customers) and in operations (all the processes that happen behind the scenes for the smooth ordering and delivery of products to customers).
This role is all about managing people and processes and ensuring the business operates smoothly and will best suit someone who gets a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction from setting up and managing IT systems, data and processes.
Skills and Experience Required for the Business Manager:
- People Management experience
- Driven with high standards for quality and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service ethos and manner and ability to handle high-end clients with high expectations
- Positive attitude, calm demeanour and not easily flustered
- Previous experience managing business processes and teams in order to deliver a product or service to customers
General Employment Terms:
- Full-time and permanent, there is some capacity to work from home and/or a 4-day week
- Salary range £50k to £60k pa
- Statutory 28 days paid annual leave each year plus when the office is closed between Christmas and New Year
- Annual bonus in relation to business growth and profitability
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.