Purpose of Role
The primary function of the Finance department is to control revenues, expenditures, assets & liabilities to achieve transparency and accountability and safeguard the assets through adherence to sound financial management practices and procedures.
The EU Banking Manager will provide management with the financial analysis needed to help control the business whilst ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled from statement, through cashbook to nominal ledger each month. Ensure all reconciling items are cleared each month prior to finalisation on monthly accounts
- Managing the cash positions on a daily basis, in line with the cash forecast
- Ensuring sufficient funds are in place for the operating businesses in line with the cash forecast
- Ensure control and timely feedback on store banking/credit card reconciliations;
- Maintain and administer current banking online platforms and oracle interface
- Administer bank guarantees (setup new/manage existing portfolio)
- Setup & administer group Company Credit Cards
- Control and maintain petty cash function (sterling, Euro and US$) with periodic reconciliations
- Make inland and overseas payments as required.
- Reporting of potential cash losses to Loss Prevention
- Pro-actively seek to improve efficiencies in all operational areas, particularly where increasing volumes may exist and look to make systematic changes
- Continuously review the use of bank reconciliation software and assess its suitability
- Day to day liaison with banks in relation to all aspects of stores banking and cash management
- Instigate production of written operational procedures documentation to cover all areas within Banking
- Report to Global Head of Treasury Operations on a regular basis
- Maintain good communication links
- Maintain a strong customer service focus
- Build and maintain internal and external customer satisfaction
- Increase the cooperation between Banking, Treasury and Stores
- Preserve good communication links
- Provide ad hoc support to the Finance department as required
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in relevant subject
- An AMCT and / or accountancy qualification
- Fluent in a European language would be beneficial
- Previous experience of Banking across multiple European Countries, preferably in a Retail environment
- Understanding of Notional Pooling process across multiple Countries
- Previous experiences in managing a team of professionals
- Understanding of banking processes across Europe
- Cheaspeake or other account reconciliation system and Oracle experience
- Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Skills / Abilities:
The role requires strong operational and analytical skills and be committed team player with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.