Procurement & Supply Chain Manager – Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Excellent Salary & Benefits commensurate with experience
Ash Consulting are working with a multinational company within the Industrial Sealing Industry, with a Head Office of approximately 100 people in Sheffield and a Commercial/Distribution Hub in USA. The company supply products to over 90 countries via a global distribution network, with a customer base ranging from multinational customers to SMEs.
This important role will lead an established team and one which the successful candidate is expected to develop into a key part of the management Team of the Sheffield Global Headquarters. We require someone who ideally has a background within the engineering /distribution sector, who has a demonstrable track record of negotiation, procurement and the development and management of Global Import Logistics to provide assured customer service. Total responsibility for a stock profile comprising of a diverse matrix of 5 major Product Groups, up to 100,000 live stock lines and major suppliers on 3 continents.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Effective implementation and management of a best practice system for stock replenishment and maximum levels, enabling you to streamline, monitor and measure stock turn without compromising customer service.
- You will be responsible for the diversification of Group Stock Procurement, managing existing supply chains and setting up new agreements/strong relationships in line with the Group Terms and Conditions.
- You will possess a strong level of commercial acumen and demonstrate ability to procure the best deals from both current and new suppliers throughout the global market, Asia in particular, with a total focus on Just in Time supply. You will manage the whole process and this will involve writing processes and service level agreements, managing tenders and bids from suppliers, writing invitations to tender and managing deadlines, suppliers and contractors.
- You will draft and issue invitation to Tenders and Supplier Partnership Agreements, negotiating terms and contracts to ensure best price for large or small quantity procurement, without comprising quality or service.
- You will ensure all suppliers can deliver goods on time, correctly packaged in line with stock replenishment requirements. You will also manage import Logistics to ensure complete control and compliance, along with best business practice, efficiency and reliability.
- Management of a team of people with varying levels of experience and skill set. You will hold direct responsibility for total function performance, achievement of departmental KPI’s, providing assured service to the business and developing the individuals.
- You will directly report to the Senior Executive Manager responsible for Supply Chain, providing monthly KPI data.
Desired Skills & Preferred Qualifications;
- Candidate’s will be highly numerically focused, with strong administration and organisational skills and the ability to keep all supply chain, cost, purchasing and stock replenishment records/criteria up to date, utilising CS3, internal bespoke systems and Excel.
- You must have superb people management and communication skills, building strong relationships with both the internal and external customer and supplier; you will also possess a methodical logical approach with the ability to work under pressure, meeting tight deadlines and pay great attention to detail.
- It is essential that you are computer literate, particularly advanced in Word and Excel.
- Management experience is essential; as is willingness to occasionally undertake global travel.
- A track record of success in managing and developing Asian suppliers, as well as in-house Assembly and Quality Assurance
- A relevant Business or Purchasing qualification would be desirable.
On offer is an excellent salary and benefits package designed to attract the best candidates capable of meeting the desired criteria outlined and personal characteristics required for this important role.
Interested candidates should apply with full CV and covering letter outlining why you meet the needs of the role and indicate current/last salary, notice period and confirmation of eligibility to work in the UK.
Our growing team within Engineering and Technical roles in the local area continues to grow and we are now amongst the top consultancies handling exclusive appointments across a range of sectors. Get in touch to see how we can assist you in your next important career move. Ash Consulting acts as an employment agency for permanent and fixed term contract recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.