Looking to start your career but don't know where to look? Do you enjoy working as part of a team, do you like helping people, and don't mind working outside, then we may have the role for you, a Warehouse Operative, we call it Yard Assistant in our business. You don't need to come from our sector or even know our products, as long as you have the ability to provide great customer service, be part of a team.
You will be joining our prestigious Flagship branch in St Pancras, a 15min walk from the main train station. We already have a fantastic, well-established team of 25 colleagues in branch, 7 delivery vehicles, we also have a successful Tool Hire department and are opening a Benchmarx in the new year, so you will be in great hands.
Our Opening Hours - Monday - Friday 7am-5pm and Saturdays 8am-12pm (you only need to work 2 in 4 Saturday's)
What's in it for you?
- Full clothing provided for all year round conditions - keeping you safe and warm!
- Competitive salary, which includes a half yearly bonus
- 22 days holiday, plus bank holidays and xmas off
- Strong health and safety measures in place for COVID-19 in and out of branch, including, increased cleaning, screens and social distancing
- A number of online discounts at leading retailers, discounts at theme parks to eating out and cinemas.
- Great onboarding and recognised qualification opportunities including apprenticeship programs, if you choose.
What will I be doing?
No one day is the same as the next in TP branch life, its busy, but will your new found knowledge, here are a few pointers:
- If you are 18yrs or over, you will be driving a forklift, but don't worry full training is provided
- As part of the Warehouse team, you will be on the front line dealing with our customers that come into our yard, processing our customer orders, loading and unloading customer and company vehicles.
- Our success is built on strong relationships with our customers so it's essential that you can help deliver the highest standards of service - the key thing is to be helpful and friendly at all times, you will likely get to know our customers on a first name basis.
- You will also unload our building products from supplier deliveries and accurately book them in the branch warehouse.
Does this sound like you?
- Someone that is physically active, this role is located outside and will involve lifting heavy building materials and use of manual handling equipment, such as forklift (Applicants need to be 18 years old to drive the forklift)
- Someone that has a friendly and outgoing personality who is happy to communicate face to face with customers and build strong relationships
If you said yes to all the above, Apply Now, closing date for applications 30th November.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.