Zachary Daniels are working exclusively with an apparel powerhouse based in the North West that are looking to grow their Merchandising department with the addition of an experienced Merchandiser. This is a demanding role due to our client being a leader in their field with over 800 stores in the UK alone and hundreds more globally.
It is hard to put in to words the opportunities this business can offer, they are a true global powerhouse with more growth and acquisitions imminent. Merchandising is at the fore front of commercial decision making and this role will allow the successful applicant to have a rewarding career which could take them across the globe.
Role Overview: To lead the team to deliver all Channel Sales, Markdown, Stock, Intake and Profit Plans. Drive business change to achieve company goals/objectives.
Some Key Responsibilities Include:
- With the Buyer review previous season and implement lessons learnt
- With the Buyer create the strategy for the department
- Approve the proposed grading from the trading Merchandiser for input into the assortment planning process
- Quarterly plan at Category/Season level with the Buyer to submit a plan on the System that reflects the best possible mix of product to deliver the KPI's
- Formulate range plan at Store level in conjunction with the Buyer quarterly
- Plan the Pre Scheduling to meet the range plan - In conjunction with Assistant Merchandisers
- Review weekly trading performance and achieved KPI's, identifying Issues and the course of action in preparation for the weekly trading meetings
- Propose and agree actions to recover risk and maximise opportunities with the Buyer at category and line level.
- Monthly - Capture all agreed actions in the monthly forecast reviews
- Meet and gain approval: Incorporating
- Forecasting any sales variance to plan
- Creation of OTB's
- Management of commitments - On time delivery, rebuys cancellations
- Markdown proposals
- Manage the range plan in Season reflecting any changes
- Establish collaborative working relationships across functions including Online, Marketing, Finance, DC and Stores
This will be a trade focused role, you will love product and want to work collaboratively with the buyer to drive sales in your area across the globe.
There are other perks which will include hybrid working (60/40), flexi hours and industry leading benefits.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.