At Jewson we pride ourselves on our ability to provide a great welcome to our customers, being proactive when helping them, being trusted, and recognised for our 'customer first' approach. If you enjoy working with people, you're a good listener and you think you could help our customers feel welcome, then this Customer Service Supervisor - Sales vacancy could be a great opportunity for you.
This Customer Service Supervisor - Sales role is working in our Jewson in Barnsley. Jewson is the biggest employer in the UK Saint-Gobain business, with over 500 branches.
This a generalist retail role - one that will see you with a mix of cashier / customer service and stock replenishment.
What will I be doing in this role?
The Customer Service Supervisor role is a key role within this branch. You will be responsible for supervising the team to deliver an excellent customer experience and work towards Branch sales and profit targets by: Maximising customer interactions to support achievement of sales and profit targets through upselling and cross-selling relevant products offering specific product advice.
Key day to day duties include:
- Fulfilling customer orders in a timely fashion to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Ensuring the team check incoming products against Proof of
- Delivery and complete all required documentation
- Complete the stock management process
- Deliver key KPIs for your branch
- Support the team with day-to-day queries
- Optimise the highest level of returns on sales versus cost of transport
- Achieve Safety and Wellbeing culture
- Communicate Company plans, goals and individual objectives
What skills are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; this means that we are open to applications from all Saint-Gobain businesses and would welcome you to apply if you can demonstrate the following key skills, experience and qualifications:
- Relevant market and product knowledge
- Ability to lead, coach and develop a team
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Proactive, flexible and enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrable customer service focus
- IT literate
- Able to create and maintain successful customer relationships
- GCSEs (Or equivalent) - Maths & English
- Relevant forklift licence
- Experience in a sales/customer focussed role
- People management experience
Please note that product and system training can be provided where applicants may lack this knowledge. We encourage applications from all background if you can demonstrate the skills highlighted.
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are!
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.