Are you passionate about sourcing and buying finished goods and products?
Do you enjoy dealing with suppliers from all over the world?
Do you want to be in the forefront of a company that continually expands and opens new stores across the UK?
Robertson Recruitment has been appointed by one of the biggest specialist retailers in the UK in placing a key role as Head of Purchasing for their operation. They are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Head of Purchasing to lead their team of buyers and manage the procurement of up to 20,000 product lines. You will have exposure and experience on managing and engaging with existing and new suppliers and reviewing quality, expenditure and delivery in line with the company's growth strategy.
Head of Purchasing duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and support the Purchasing Department
- Manage and enhance existing supplier relationships.
- Accountable for the suppliers in term of timescales, cost, reliability and quality.
- Manage the preferred suppliers list and negotiate renewals.
- Source new products and ranges from existing or new suppliers in line with cost optimisation and quality.
- Identify areas for improvement on current processes and procedure
- Develop and manage department KPIs
- Purchasing of materials in line with production needs and peaks.
- Communicate with all departments regarding purchase department activity
- Control purchase of products, capital and non-capital lines as per the store replenishment requirements or sales forecasts and expediting orders once placed
- Optimise stock turnover by ensuring adequate/frequent ordering and liaising with suppliers to provide product sales forecasts
- Ongoing monitoring of product failure rates and negotiate resolution with suppliers
- Liaising with suppliers to obtain contributions to marketing as required
- Produce ad hoc reports as required by the Director
- Occasional travel and overnight stays will be required
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in all areas of responsibility
- Report to senior personnel any breach of security or any act of dishonesty by a member of the public, visitor or member of staff
- Any other reasonable duties as required
Head of Purchasing skills and experience:
- At least 10 years' management experience within procurement, buying or purchasing.
- MCIPS qualification or working towards this would be advantageous.
- Strong personality and be able to build long standing relationships with suppliers.
- Ability to negotiate terms and cost cut where possible whilst maintain standards.
- Experience in purchasing finished electrical or mechanical tools in a retail background is highly advantageous.
- Solid communicator who's able to set out objectives for their team.
- Show enthusiasm and build internal relationships as well as those with your suppliers.
Head of Purchasing benefits:
- Highly competitive salary of up to £80,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Excellent bonus scheme paid twice a year
- Amazing company benefits such as staff discounts, free tea and coffee
- Excellent company pension scheme
- Healthcare Cash plans
- Life Cover
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent training and development
- Working for a renowned and iconic company with large expansion plans
- Excellent scope in product ranges
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an outstanding business and iconic brand at a time where expansion plans are central to their strategy. Please apply now to discuss the role in more detail!
*** Head of Purchasing, Head of Procurement, Head of Sourcing, Head of Buying, Head of Trading, Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager, Global Sourcing Manager, Global Buying Manager, Buying Manager, Sourcing Manager, Senior Buyer, buying, sourcing, Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, East Midlands ***
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.