My client is a well-established and busy FMCG business who have grown from strength to strength over the years. They've built their reputation on delivering quality products to the market and live by their values and mission, making it an attractive place for people to work and develop their careers.
My client is looking for a Demand Planner to help play a pivotal role in driving revenue by preparing background information to support sales forecasting. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is ambitious, proactive and an excellent communicator. Reporting into the Head of Sales you will be responsible for the following;
- To harness the organisation's knowledge and resources to produce sales forecasts used in Sales and Operations Planning.
- Continuously improve the sales forecasting processes and systems, ensuring that forecast accuracy is consistently improving.
- Work with departments including Sales, Operations, New Product Development and Supply Chain to ensure the consistent, cost-effective supply of products to customers.
- Analyse data and provide reports to the business to assist decision making with respect to budget tracking, sales performance and planning, and NPD
- Work with Sales and Marketing to ensure that their market and customer knowledge and plans are reflected in the forecasts
- Analyse sales trends and identify the key drivers of sales of key products and product groups
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for the sales forecasting processes -
- Develop statistical forecast models
- Gather, analyse and validate all data that will be used in preparing statistical forecasts
- Facilitate and manage forecast review meetings with all Sales managers
- Monitor the sales performance of new products and develop a history that can be used as a guide in future launches
- Assess the impact of promotions and other events on sales
- Prepare reports and data that will be used in the forecast review process - part of the Sales and Operations Planning process
- Measure, report and improve forecast accuracy; develop and reach agreement on appropriate measures of forecast accuracy and forecast bias
My client is looking for a Demand Planner with the following experience;
**Strong Excel skills are essential for this role**
- Minimum 2-3 years industry knowledge and experience in a similar role; Demand Planner, Customer Insight Analyst, Supply Chain Manager/Analyst etc
- Proficiency with statistical and forecasting fundamentals
- Supply Chain knowledge - APICS qualification preferred
- Sound financial awareness - understanding of financial and operational impacts of forecasting and related decisions
- Advanced proficiency with software systems - including ERP systems, Sales Forecasting applications and Microsoft Excel and Power BI
- Highly analytical, numerate
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, Organized and detail oriented
- Persistent, determined and goal oriented
If you're an experienced Demand Planner or Customer Insight Analyst / Supply Chain Analyst then I'd be keen to hear from you.
Brewster Partners Office Support & Technical Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, North West, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of office support and technical recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at Brewster Partners for more information.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.