Group Purchasing Manager - Sheffield – 60-70k
Clemence Rogers are currently working in partnership with our client in the recruiting of a Group Purchasing Manager to be based in Sheffield.
Main Purpose of the Job
To develop dependable supply sources and purchase all materials to the Company’s exact business requirements at competitive rates, within budget and ensuring deliveries can be made within build programmes and arranging payment for verified goods. Also ensure that all Group Purchasing specifications, policies and procedures are adhered to within the company.
• Strategically develop and implement supply chain strategies covering all commodities, services and supplier processes to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardisation.
• Negotiate and execute purchase orders or supplier contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
• Lead the function within the scope of the strategic sourcing process to drive cost out of the supply chain by managing commodity and negotiation strategies including Terms and Conditions, supplier selection/de-selection, evaluation and rationalization of supply chain solutions.
• Lead product development commodity strategies in line with corporate initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of supply chain management.
• Drive usage of cost models to validate commodity strategies and to understand significant cost drivers.
• Manage all activities that develop relationships with suppliers.
• Develop an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage, utilising market exploitation, leveraging spend, and leveraging of technologies.
• Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial performance, and material shortage elimination.
• Report to management the measurable status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to supplier performance.
• Provide commodity support to Design Team as required to meet target costs and establish program cost models.
• Manage materials savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives
• Ensure performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked and reported on as required for supply base management and improvement
• Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through defined best practices to reduce operational costs and meet company financial targets
• Ensure the team, through regular briefings and consultations, plays a full role within the context of the site and business to facilitate optimal performance
• Maintains communication with departments to ensure production priorities and shortfalls are addressed in a timely manner.
• Managing the development of the team, develop people capability and flexibility through effective employee relations, recruiting, training and development, and communication.
• Progressive experience in Purchasing & Sourcing with extensive experience in the manufacturing industry, preferably in a strategic setting in a mid to large size organisation.
• Solid track record meeting substantial material cost reduction targets
• Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Production/Operations Management, or Engineering or equivalent business experience.
• CIPS certification preferred
• Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs and SAGE.
• Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organisational and problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
• Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
• Excellent negotiation skills
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.