Brewster Partners have an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager. Main purpose of the role will be deliver a customer projects to cost, to the required level of quality and to schedule as mutually agreed.
Duties will include:
- Manage existing and future orders from order placement through to delivery of goods, documentation and final payment.
- Coordinate and expedite project activities (such as creating project plans, placing subcontractor orders etc.) to ensure the successful completion of each contract on time
- To ensure customer requirements are fully understood and implemented in all Project Management, manufacturing (both internal and external) and reporting (including documentation packages) activities.
- Liaise with customer and their representatives on site, as well as internal manufacturing units and external subcontractors regarding all elements of the contract
- Ensure all technical, quality and documentation
- requirements are being met
- Plan all aspects of the project (creating programmes) and maintain the project execution plan.
- Develop a good understanding of the quality requirements associated with the Client and the Project
- Document preparation and collation for final documentation package, create despatch paperwork such as bills of landing etc. and arrange the physical process of despatch (count, pack, transport etc.)
- Support the Document Controller with the transmittal and receipt of documentation.
- Negotiate contracts with subcontractors and complete associated administration tasks.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with third party contracts
- Maintain secure store for third party goods (check goods, stock take, maintain building etc.)
- Work with the Technical Teams to resolve any technical issues through the appropriate channels
- Issue concessions, deviations and NCRs as appropriate.
- Arrange and support third party/customer inspection visits and attend any internal inspection
Skills and experience required:
- Good general knowledge of material properties and engineering processes.
- Significant prior experience of coordinating/managing contracts within a demanding engineering environment such as the nuclear or defence industry.
- An appreciation of QA, inspection, testing and documentation requirements
- Ability to build relationships with clients and subcontractors
- Familiar and competent with project management tools such as MS Project
- Experience working within a complex Project environment with exposure to, and interaction with clients
- Excellent proven interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and proactively
- when required, while ensuring Project team members are kept informed
Brewster Partners Office Support & Technical Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, North West, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of office support and technical recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at Brewster Partners for more information.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.