This growing company that supplies industrial products to various sectors including Defence, Utilities, Pharmaceutical and Engineering are expanding their Commercial Team. We have an
exciting opportunity for a professional who wants to learn more about managing framework agreement contracts, analysing data, maintaining profitability, and building relationships with customers in a formal arrangement. You will be successful at securing extensions to current public sector frameworks and private sector contracts and using your relationship and sales ability to add value to the contract. Duties include:
As part of the commercial team, you will be as comfortable analysing data to ensure contract profitability and performance, as you are on the phone or over Zoom presenting to customers and prospects. You will be fully supported by the product team who will help you with technical information so you can provide competitive and tailored solutions to customers.
- Maintain contract profitability and performance targets.
- Listening to contract customers and developing relationships and understanding across their organisations to create and maintain meaningful Customer Relationship Management Plans to capitalise on new opportunities, improve profitability and add value.
- Produce timely and accurate management reports, information, and customer feedback to contribute to effective strategic planning and performance management.
- Manage mobilisation and re-pricing programmes for all your allocated customers to secure business and achieve KPI performance targets.
- Analysing spreadsheets, pricing, and costings, calculating margins, and ensuring that pricing is correct to renew contracts and tenders. Analysing risks of prices
- Manage contract amendments
- Work with customers to increase product range and look at the pricing model, assisting with implementing different ranges due to any price increases
- Liaising with the supply chain team, product team and commercial team to understand technical specifications of products and liaise with customer service to ensure deliveries go out at agreed deadlines to not affect agreed service level agreements
- Ensuring that spends are in line with agreed frameworks
- Analysing contracts/frameworks and contract wins, ensuring that new contracts are ready to be rolled out
- Take on large key accounts/public sector and private framework agreements
- Use your negotiation skills to understand and resolve contract issues, agree price changes, and contract amendments, increasing off-contract spend and winning spot-purchases
- Hold monthly or quarterly review meetings with customers mainly via Zoom/Teams as well as some face-to-face meetings
- Improve profitability and performance throughout the lifecycle of the contracts
To apply you will have: -
- Some relevant experience of managing large frameworks, account management or contract management experience within a product-based business (ideal)
- Excellent numerical skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Managed public sector or private sector frameworks/contracts (ideal)
- Experience of analysing tenders
- Must have some product/supply chain/manufacturing experience
- Tenacious, problem solvers, with a strong track record in a commercial contract/framework environment
- Must live no more than 20 miles from Manchester
- Dual role both home and office based
- Advance level of Excel
- Degree qualified would be ideal, recent graduates in supply chain/purchasing would also be considered
What’s on offer: -
- Career progression
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.