We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Branch Manager to join our Jewson team, based in Whitby. You will assist the Branch Manager in maximising profitability through building successful working relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers, and Colleagues, whilst ensuring the branch operates in a safe manner and in line with all company policies and procedures. Deputise for Branch Manager as required.
Previous experience within a Builders merchant / DIY store would be beneficial, however none essential. Full product / industry training will be provided for the successful candidate. What you do need is previous retail supervisory experience - which could be from any number of industries. The key is communication - we're looking for someone with strong people skills, someone capable of conversing with both internal team members and customers alike. Someone who is equally as happy working with customers on our trade counter as they are delegating store tasks in a morning meeting. Here in Whitby we're only a small team of 5, so it's essential for us to find the right person, someone personable who will complement the branch.
At Jewson we pride ourselves on our ability to provide a great welcome to our customers, being proactive when helping them, being trusted, and recognised for our 'customer first' approach. If you enjoy working with people and you think you could help our customers feel welcome, then we would love to hear from you!
- An excellent customer experience
- Sales and profit targets
- Local sales plan
- Strong effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Understand local market issues and communicate to Manager to support sales growth plans
- Develop new customer accounts and lapsed accounts
- Achieve Safety and Wellbeing culture and targets
- Embed Saint-Gobain Principles of Conduct and Action into working environment and behavioural standards
- Identify individual and team training needs
- Create a performance culture and high colleague engagement
- Communicate Company plans, goals and individual objectives.
- Support the team with day-to-day queries
- Act as first line support to Branch Manager
- Delivery of KPIs
- Customer service standards
- Safeguard Company's stock, money and all other Company
- Participate in stock management process
- Ensure delivery of customer orders is optimised to achieve the highest level of return on sales vs cost
What we are looking for in an Assistant Branch Manager:
- Relevant market and product knowledge
- Ability to lead, coach and develop a team
- Good financial and commercial awareness
- IT literate
- Ability to create and maintain successful customer relationships
- Resilient and confident to manage conflict
- Driving licence
- GCSEs (Or equivalent) - Maths & English
- Post-GCSE qualification
- Relevant forklift licence
- People management experience
Are Jewson and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We're working hard to be, and we're keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.