At City Plumbing we've just become a stand-alone business so we're recruiting for a new Regional Health & Safety Business Partner to create and deliver strategies to help improve safety, health, and well-being across our North Region network of branches and distribution site.
Want to make an impact? Read on to find out more!
It is an exciting time here at City Plumbing. We have recently become a stand-alone business and are making real strides in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity .
One of the areas that we need you to come and help improve is our Health & Safety team.
As our Health & Safety Business Partner, you'll be responsible for supporting our Regional management team to create and deliver Safe strategies to improve safety, health, and well-being across the business.
You'll provide a clear understanding of our Key Safe issues for our branch network and develop a "stay safe" culture across our businesses.
Areas of focus include:
- Work alongside the Head of Health & Safety to develop the safety strategy and annual delivery plan.
- Be a visible presence for the business promoting a stay safe culture, carry out on-site Safety assurance checks whilst providing face to face coaching on safety leadership.
- Advise senior stakeholders within the business in every aspect of Health & Safety - these areas include business operations, leadership behaviors, accident investigation, risk management, preventative actions & stay safe committees.
- Delivering a variety of health & safety training.
- Using performance measures to identify trends to improve health, safety & well-being.
This is a remote-based Regional role covering our Branches in the North Region from Leeds up to Scotland. You'll cover a network of 180 sites and support a distribution center.
You should be based in the UK and our Head Office is based in Crick, Northamptonshire.
This means you could be from areas such as Blackburn, Bradford, Carlisle, Chester, Chesterfield, Doncaster, Durham, Dunfries, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Harrogate, Huddersfield, Hull, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Middlesborough, Newcastle, Nottingham, Preston, Sheffield, Sheffield, Sunderland, York.
You'll live and breathe our customer-first ethos, with a proactive and forward-thinking approach. You'll enjoy working collaboratively with the wider Health & Safety team and you'll be committed to acting with integrity and honesty in everything you do.
Required skills and competencies:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent or working towards
- Experience of working in a Health & Safety role where you have experienced safety culture and behavioral change programs.
- Excellent communications skills in order to train and inform.
- Full legal & technical understanding of Health & Safety procedures.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Health & Saftey Business Partner, Health & Saftey Manager, H&S Coordinator, Regional H&S Manager, Senior H&S Manager, Environmental Health & Saftey Manager - Retail, Manufacturing, Building Products, FMCG.
From boilers to bathroom suites, tubing to towel rails and everything in between, City Plumbing has all the products our customers need to complete the job. And we have all you need to build a successful career! Our ambitious future plans mean that you are joining the business at a really exciting time - having recently been part of a sale process you would be joining City Plumbing Supplies (CPS) at a really exciting point in our journey to becoming a standalone business, independent of Travis Perkins.
We're proud of our reputation for selling quality plumbing and heating products to both trade and retail customers and we're super excited about our future! We put our colleagues at the heart of all we do, giving them all the tools they need to be successful, happy and feel rewarded in their career with us.
Benefits package & cultural environment include;
- Discount platform including savings and cash back at numerous retailers
- Savings on driving lessons, phone bills, gym memberships as well as further benefits
- Life assurance
- Family feel, extended family policy including maternity, paternity, additional annual leave and more
- Mental Health First Aiders and Employee Assistance Programme, let's be there for each other
- Complete induction and a company that lets you grow and encourages development
- Financial Education & Loans
- Flexible working options
- Striving to create an environment of inclusion so everyone can be their true self
We're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity. Bring your whole self to work regardless of age, disability, gender identity or reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We don't want you to 'fit' our culture, we want you to enrich it. #BelongWithUs
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.