£54,000 up to £75,000 per annum (pro rata) - This isn't starting a new job. This is starting a new journey.
As we move into the next stage of our growth, we are seeking Lidl's future leaders. As an Area Manager at Lidl, you will lead 3 - 6 Lidl stores in your area, ensuring that they are performing at their best. To learn the business inside out, all of our Area Managers start as trainees, experiencing Lidl as Customer Assistants, Shift Managers, Deputy Store Managers and Store Managers, to achieve an unmatched level of insight and understanding of the challenges your team and our stores face.
Our Area Managers are the sort to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in, visible leaders who can run the numbers as well as they can motivate a team. Store Managers rely on Area Managers, looking to them for direction, strategy and leadership.
If you are keen to get stuck in, a motivating leader and thrive on being challenged and having high levels of responsibility, find out more below and apply for a career a Lidl less ordinary.
You will need to be flexible to travel across your assigned region to support our business need.
Please note that your application will include three online exercises, designed to provide us with a more in-depth understanding of your potential as a future leader for Lidl. To find out more and watch videos of our tests, visit: https://(url removed)/en-us/online-assessment/practice-assessments
The process will also include a telephone interview and a face-to-face selection event. We look forward to receiving your application.
What you'll do
- Visit your stores regularly and set focus points with your Store Managers
- Support your Store Managers to recruit, train and develop their teams
- Collaborate with and mentor your Store Managers on their store performance
- Help your Store Managers problem-solve and address any issues they escalate to you
- Visit the regional office for monthly meetings and ensure you're aligned with your colleagues
- Lead and motivate your team to work to their full potential every day in accordance with our Leadership & Company Principles
- Create an environment where colleagues can produce their best work
What you'll need
- Considerable experience leading a team across multiple sites and achieving outstanding results
- The ability to understand complex reports and put the necessary actions in place
- Capability and motivation to learn and understand Lidl as a business and our processes
- A confident, decisive communication style and the ability to motivate your team
- The willingness to learn, be hands-on and take the lead on strategy and planning
- Excellent communication skills to communicate new launches, concepts and processes to your teams
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary from £54,000 up to £75,000 (depending on experience) with 35 days' holiday per year (pro rata) and a fully expensed company car. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.