- Salary: Up to £30,000 per year
As a United Carpets and Beds Store Manager, you’ll lead by example and help inspire your team to provide great customer service. It’s a varied role that requires excellent leadership and communication skills along with a hands-on management approach. You will also be required to maximise sales by consistently delivering excellent store standards. This role requires a flexible approach, as you will be required to work weekends and some late nights.
- To manage the store team to achieve and exceed sales targets and KPI’s as presented by the Company.
- To achieve the highest possible standard of customer service and provide prompt appropriate responses to customer complaints.
- To ensure that optimum staff levels are maintained with days off and holiday rotas clearly established.
- To ensure that all colleagues work together as a team, are fully competent in their roles, and are regularly assessed, and that disciplinary action is taken in cases of poor performance and/or misconduct.
- To ensure that premises are maintained in good condition and all defects are reported. Company property and merchandise must be properly cared for, and the store’s environment must be conducive to trade.
- To maintain sufficient and accurate stock levels and records, together with the highest standards of display and cleanliness. All ticket, point of sale and graphics must be displayed correctly.
- To ensure that all customer orders, stock receipts, issues and transfers, monies taken and stockholding movements are promptly processed in accordance with Company policies, controls and administrative procedures. Ensure that all administration is up to date.
- To ensure that all monies due are collected are correctly accounted for in compliance with Company procedures and policies. Daily banking must be completed together with the daily production of Daily Bank Reconciliations for Head Office.
- To ensure that Company security regulations are adhered to.
- To ensure that you are aware of your own, and your colleagues are aware of their responsibilities in relation to Health and Safety at work, and Company security requirements.
- To ensure that all laid down controls and checks are undertaken regularly including stock, outstanding orders and balances, business performance and administration.
- To check all required reports and ensure that they are prepared accurately, and sent to the Head Office promptly.
- To ensure appropriate and adequate authorisation is obtained for all expenditure incurred at branch level; refund requests and replacement merchandise.
- To ensure that all employees comply with the Business Image as outlined within the store standards document
- To ensure that all colleagues are familiar with the Company’s organisation, retail approach and service standards and they understand and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all orders are placed for roll stock, and Special Orders and that they are progressed appropriately; and that customers are kept advised of anticipated delivery.
- To ensure the adequate control and administration of fitters’ work schedules, and the appropriate checking of fitting standards of personal presentation and work
- To effectively liaise with colleagues and carry out any other duties as requested by the immediate line manager, Operations director, or Main Board Directors.
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
To keep our staff safe while in the workplace, masks and hand sanitiser is provided.
Work remotely: No
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.