My client is a successful family Shop Equipment Design and Manufacturing company who pride themselves on quality and service. They work with a number of well-known high-street retailers including New Look, Matalan and JD Sports.
They are seeking an additional CAD Designer to join their team. This person will be working on a variety of bespoke projects and must have experience of designing for manufacturing within a shopfitting or retail equipment business.
- Production of 2D and 3D drawings for manufacture from design specifications provided by the client or the client's architect.
- Must be able to detail materials such as joinery, metal and plastic for manufacture from scale layout drawing for sites and equipment
- Maintenance of the customer archive, keeping the latest updates supplied from clients and copying hard copies to relevant project managers
- Liaison with Buying in completing CAD drawings to specification and image to assist in correct procurement of equipment
- Assisting in the buying function to source and modify, if necessary, components and kit
- You will need to liaise regularly with the client or their designer/architect to ensure specification is matched
- Making application on a drawing to, Landlord, Local Authority [Planning, Building regulations
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working with shopfitting or retail equipment
- Must be fully conversant with AutoCAD and SketchUp
- Be competent on Word and Excel
- Have a working knowledge of building regulations for local authorities
- Possess excellent organisational skills and be able to complete multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.