About the team.
I have an exciting Supply Chain Assistant role working in our successful electrical category. Our Supply Chain teams work in our category structure working externally with our suppliers and internally with forecasting stock planners and distribution centres. Reporting into the Supply Chain lead, the team of 4 Supply Chain assistants are responsible for ensuring the availability of stock and in part, customer experience. Due to a recent internal promotion, this role will start in January.
About the role.
This is a permanent role to support the Supply Chain Lead in ensuring inventory plans are executed and availability delivered to support sales plans. You will work both internally with ‘Forecast & Stock Planners’ and with external supply base in this execution. The electrical category is a high growth category and we have delivered fantastic results throughout the pandemic. 70% of our electrical stock is delivered through our DD partners and prior knowledge of online retail is desirable.
- Purchase order creation in line with supplier lead times and FSPs inventory plans
- Progression of stock deliveries from suppliers into DCs
- Management of DD suppliers availability, ensuring visibility throughout
- Management of DD customer promise
- Work with supply base to ensure expected levels of availability are delivered.
- Creating action plans with suppliers to address underperformance
- Monitor, track and report on supplier availability and supplier performance.
- Support operational planning activities, monitoring and reforecasting as appropriate.
- Create analysis of stock mix and stock health to support category decision making
- Highlight potential availability gaps, with recommended inventory amendments to improve availability
- Make recommendations on changes to the inventory plan where required
- Consolidation of supplier availability information for sharing internally with Category Managers & FSPs
- Flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- Flexible Hybrid Working model
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about Retail looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more, please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at The Very Group or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of The Very Group, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Hey, we’re The Very Group, a team of 3,500 super-talented people.
We’ve been reinventing shopping experiences for over a century. Technology has played a huge part in that, helping us transition from catalogues’ to pureplay online retail, but we’re not the finished article.
As the UK's largest integrated online retailer and financial services provider, we have a pretty unique position across three huge industries (tech, credit, retail) and our ambition is bold, to build the number one shopping destination for shoppers who value credit anywhere online.
But we believe with our passion and track record for reinvention, we can improve how the world pays and shops for the things they love.
Want to join the reinvention? Apply now...
- Previous relevant retail experience is a must.
- You will have had buying, merchandising or supply chain experience within a Head Office Category type role
- Solutions and delivery focused, a decision maker who can work under pressure, obsess over the customer, and make the right choices to benefit their experience.
- Strong experience with MS Excel is essential
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.