Let's paint the picture for you!
You will work along side the Store Manager, where you'll coach, inspire and empower your store team to achieve their targets, honing your skills and helping to create an in-store environment that makes customers feel welcome and comfortable, delivering great store performance.
Our store experience and team cultures are vital to continue our strong performance and our Deputy Managers play a key role in making this happen.
You'll lead the shop floor to ensure exceptional, consistent store standards and support the Store Manager in creating a great culture and environment.
- Align with Store Manager to create a winning store culture
- Support and take ownership of key store compliances including stock control, health and safety, people rostering & merchandising standards
- Delegate store responsibilities to the rest of the team on the shop floor
- Involved in people responsibilities - Recruitment, HR, probation/people reviews
- Work with the wider business to improve the store brand within London communities
- Accountable for the store when Shop Manager is not present
What key skills and experiences are we looking for?
You'll have a great track record in managing and leading teams in a retail environment and a strong commercial mind, with a desire to progress your career further in retail management.
Organising and planning will be second nature to you - an interest in DIY is always handy!
How will we reward you?
We have an excellent benefits package on offer:
- Monthly bonus opportunity of upto £100
- Quarterly bonus opportunities of upto £250
- Annual bonus opportunity of upto £400 (This was achieved in 2021)
- Career Development - our fast track managers programme is open to everyone, developing our leaders of the future
- 30 days holiday a year, increasing with service
- Up to 20% discount in Leyland SDM, plus discount across other Grafton Group brands
- Pension with competitive contributions
- Health Cashplan - claim money back on everyday healthcare needs and treatments (Dental, physio, prescriptions to name a few)
- Share saving scheme into our parent company, the Grafton Group
- Company sick pay
- Life assurance
- Cycle2work scheme coming soon
- 100's of retail discounts available through our flexible benefits portal
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.