Zachary Daniels are working exclusively with an apparel powerhouse based in the North West that are looking to grow their Merchandising department with the addition of a Merchandising Assistant. This is a demanding role due to our client being a leader in their field with over 800 stores. The role of a Merchandising Assistant will be to support the Merchandising Team to achieve departmental sales, markdown, stock, intake and profit plans. In return for your hard work and commitment, this role offers a path for development and progression within a merchandising channel.
Key Responsibilities (Stock based):
- Update supplier order books and ETA reports on the system.
- Reconcile supplier order books and communicate all irregularities.
Key Responsibilities (Trade based):
- Develop awareness of product area through analysis of reports and store visits.
- Book in new product as directed.
- Build a strong rapport with the warehouse to ensure delivery issues and problem orders are minimal.
- Action inter-branch transfers in conjunction with the Assistant Merchandiser.
- Collate and check price amendments.
- Cost and retail checks on orders booked into the warehouse in conjunction with the Assistant Merchandiser.
- Average cost prices where required
- Collate and assist in building accurate ratio history.
- Action hit list and rack list as directed by the Merchandiser or Buyer.
- Chase free-stocks as directed.
- Ad-hoc reports and analysis for the team as required.
- Develop relationships with Store Leaders, Visual Merchandisers and the wider central functions of the business (Finance, Marketing etc).
Essential For This Role:
- Experience within a similar role is beneficial.
- Experience within a fashion (high street/premium branded) retailer is beneficial.
- Highly numerate and strong commercial focus.
- Comfortable working with formulas, and intricate data.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.