Zachary Daniels are working exclusively with an apparel powerhouse based in the North West that are looking to grow their Merchandising department with the addition of an Allocator. This is a demanding role due to our client being a leader in their field with over 800 stores.
The role of an Allocator will be to support the Merchandising Team to achieve departmental sales, markdown, stock, intake and profit plans. In return for your hard work and commitment, this role offers a path for development and progression within a merchandising channel.
- Develop awareness of product area through analysis of reports and store visits.
- Book in new product as directed.
- Build a strong rapport with the warehouse to ensure delivery issues and problem orders are minimal.
- Cost and retail checks on orders booked into the warehouse in conjunction with the Assistant Merchandiser
- Update supplier order books and ETA report.
- Reconcile supplier order books and communicate irregularities.
- Action inter-branch transfers in conjunction with the Assistant Merchandiser.
- Collate and check price amendments.
- Average cost prices where required.
- Action hit list and rack list as directed by the Merchandiser.
- Chase free-stocks as directed.
- Ad-hoc reports and analysis for the team as required.
- Develop relationships with Store Leaders, Visual Merchandisers and the wider central functions of the business (Finance, Marketing etc).
- Strong numerical skills.
- Good Microsoft Excel and IT skills.
- An understanding of distribution/allocation and merchandising.
- Strong levels of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Capable of working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure.
- Dedicated and responsible approach to job role.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must be of graduate level with retail experience or a be keen to progress on the Merchandising career path.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.