National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus and coach in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made 939 million journeys on our services in 2019.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Duty Manager, who will play a crucial role in the running of the site ensuring the delivery and embedment of a safe, secure and customer focused culture. You will support the Coach Station Manager to ensure that service and presentation standards are delivered to meet the business expectations, as well as provide coaching, development, empowerment, motivation and supervisory support to the Customer Service Advisors.
As the successful candidate, you will demonstrate expert accuracy levels and have a fantastic eye for detail with the ability to build strong internal and external stakeholder relationships. You will have previous experience of managing and supporting teams, delivering excellent customer service in fast paced environment. You will evidence a proactive, solution orientated, collaborative and can do attitude in all areas of duties, along with confident communication & people skills with an ability to put people at ease.
This role is on a rota working 38 hours per week which includes alternate weekends, with flexibility needed throughout the hours of 0700 – 1900.
What you'll do...
- Oversee the day-to-day activities within the site ensuring efficient shift plans are designed in accordance with the business need and effective communication is maintained throughout the shift with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively provide support and assistance to customers, colleagues, drivers and external stakeholders.
- Manage and support staff in line with National Express Policies & Procedures including supervision, absence management, performance management, disciplinary & grievances.
- Promote cohesive, empowered and engaged working environment
- Identify individual training and development needs and plan to meet these by effective use of iLearn and PDRs
- Contribute to the recruitment, induction and training of new CSAs through effective use of NX recruitment and induction process
- Adhere to FCP and ensure the team are performing in accordance to the policy at all times
- Fully competent in the use of the relevant ticketing and operational systems, processes and procedures necessary to fulfill the role
- Ensure efficient and consistent communication process is in place and daily briefings, regular team meetings and bi-monthly one-to-ones are held
- Actively promote inclusion by ensuring that CSAs are supported to participate in Community and Engagement activities
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits such as...
- Free travel for you and your partner
- Company pension
- Access to NX Health Bus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Variety of deals and discounts available through NX online portal
At National Express, we are really proud of our health and safety record and as a result, we operate a Drugs and Alcohol Policy which is applicable to all employees.
As part of your initial assessment, we will complete Drug and Alcohol testing and you may be subject to random tests during your employment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.