Edinburgh based | office based role
Full Time | Monday to Friday
Permanent role | salary up to £30,000 per annum + benefits (depending on experience)
Search Consultancy are currently working exclusively with an Edinburgh based retail client to to recruit an experienced Buyer who will be responsible for end-to-end management of the company's entire buying process.
Duties involved in this role will include:
- Leading, managing and developing the company's buying function including continuous process improvement
- Working alongside the MD and Sales Manager to select products & place orders
- Acting as a main point of contact on a day to day basis for all suppliers
- Attend all buying appointments and other purchasing related trips and meetings
- Managing & developing key supplier relationships to help grow and develop the business
- Taking full ownership of the order process, ensuring all product orders are placed in a timely manner
- Taking full responsibility for all re-orders & repeat business, ensuring all opportunities are maximised
- Researching & presenting new brands and opportunities to the business
- Working against targets on increasing margins & developing business
- Consistent involvement across the business relating to orders, including "rolling the sleeves up" to ship orders, process stock & deal with customer enquiries
In order to be considered for this role your skills and experience should include:
- Extensive previous experience within Retail buying & merchandising - this experience is essential
- Excellent organisational & time management skills, with the ability to prioritise & complete a very busy workload effectively
- A commercial mindset including an understanding of budgets & forecasts - you should always be conscious of increasing margins & profitability throughout your role
If this is the role for you, apply now!
Please note that only applicants who have the required skills and experience detailed above will be considered for this role.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.