Procurement Compliance Officer
Salary up to £35,000 per annum
Plus Company Bonus and benefits Circa £40k
Location – this role will offer hybrid working but candidate needs access to a local office either in Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham or Newcastle
You will be responsible for activities to support a procurement compliance process, reporting to the Supply Chain Compliance Manager. Fully supported by the Procurement, Tax and Finance teams, under the direction of the Compliance Manager you will;
- Act as the first point of contact for stakeholders when they are considering procurement options on their projects, and creating new support cases
- Identify the risks associated with each case – and, escalating as appropriate, ensure stakeholders are provided satisfactory responses
- Ensure all compliance activities are completed on time, actions tracked, solutions agreed and documented and accurate timely reporting is provided
- Support the Compliance Manager to continually assess and audit ongoing risks to intervals agreed and amended from time to time.
- Risks will include supply chain tax compliance (IR35), reputational supplier searches, financial stability, contracts, new supplier onboarding and the like. You will be fully supported and trained on all systems and processes.
- Ensure supplier contracts are submitted as part of the compliance process - escalating any concerns appropriately and as agreed.
- Maintain accurate database(s) and records of all activities undertaken, to permit audit trails of all decisions taken.
Skills and experiences
- Experience of providing support to procurement/supply chain processes, and therefore a familiarity with contracts, pre-qualification, frameworks and following standard processes - will be an advantage
- Excellent digital skills, working with and maintaining data to a high standard using Microsoft platforms and ERP systems.
- Confident communication and influencing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- Possess a positive, flexible and pragmatic approach to working
Reward and Benefits
There is a list of core benefits, these include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance and Income Protection (long term disability) cover.
You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.