Sue Ross Recruitment are working with a leading engineering company with offices in the S20 area of the city. They are looking for an experienced Procurement Co-ordinator to join their team, supporting on a range of procurement activities, supporting multiple departments from tender support to supplier liaison and subcontract packages and labour. This is a varied role that involves the following:
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Liaising with estimating colleagues for guidance on tenders required and liaising with suppliers where appropriate.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers on new innovations and product updates.
- Attending meetings and taking minutes and using them as reference for the future.
- Identifying potential new suppliers, building and maintaining good relationships with them.
- Producing reports and statistics indicating purchasing trends and maximising buying opportunities.
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of our business objectives, current and future.
- Raising purchase orders for elements of purchasing across all areas of the business
- Checking order confirmation detail (part codes, prices, quantity, delivery addresses) and correcting if necessary
- Checking values on order confirmations to ensure that no issues are encountered throughout the finance functions
- Control the hiring of plant and monitor product quality and service levels from all suppliers and noting any issues on PICS
- Checking accuracy of information on requisitions before placing orders with suppliers
- Ensuring orders have been received by suppliers and that goods can be delivered on time
- Passing key information onto relevant third parties and colleagues as and when necessary
- Attending meetings when required to do so, in order to look for continuous improvement
Applicants must have recent purchasing/procurement/supply chain administration experience as well as the following:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good administration skills;
- Respect the importance of confidentiality,
- Good organising skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong database, spreadsheet, word processing and Excel skills.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.