We are looking for a Garment Technologist to join our design team in our Birmingham office. The role will be full-time.
What you’ll be doing:
- Measuring, fitting and doing comments on all samples during the development process in collaboration with design team.
- Working closely with design and production team on a daily basis.
- Develop new fit blocks, initial and graded size specifications.
- Ensuring all fit and technical issues are accurately and consistently analyzed and that clear, concise, and accurate comments are sent to suppliers.
- Ensure that garments are being produced to the required quality standard and that manufacturing is measured within tolerance.
- QC check bulk production. Raise any issues with factories and check bulk if there is a widespread problem.
- Communicate with production team and overseas suppliers to identify and solve problems before they impact on production.
- Managing the whole sampling process, proto, PPS and shipment samples in collaboration with production team.
- Arrange for garment, print, or trim testing wherever necessary.
- Keeping the samples organized and archiving on a weekly basis.
What we need:
- Garment Technology degree or similar
- Strong technical knowledge of garments fitting, grading and construction
- Highly organised & motivated
- Have a high level of attention to detail.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines.
- Great understanding of the brand and customer
- Innovative and always ahead of the trends
- Strong Team player & passionate for the brand and its success.
- A positive can-do attitude.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.