My client was established in 1990 and are one of the UK's leading supermarkets
They are now seeking an Assistant Store Manager to join their team in Leeds
My clients store is about as dynamic and fast-paced as it gets. Which is why their Managers need shed loads of energy, great ideas, and a good mix of ambition and character. After all, it’s your personality that will set the tone of the whole store. But this isn’t an easy gig. Especially when you’re responsible for everything that happens within those sliding doors. However, as a ‘leader by example’ type of person, you’ll take control when things get tough. You’ve managed teams of over eight people in the past, and have experience with all the important Store Manager stuff such as company property, sales figures and people performance.
One day could find you helping the Store Manager sort out deliveries, place orders or deal with customer complaints. The next, you might be focused on people management and performance issues or organising holiday rotas for the team.
At the same time you'll handle the over-riding goals of helping maximise sales in your store, ensuring great customer service, minimising costs and optimising productivity.
And all the while you'll receive regular feedback on your performance from your Store Manager and Area Manager.
Let's put it this way. If you like hard work and can motivate and develop a diverse team, you're going to find this a hugely rewarding role - and one with excellent prospects.
They are good at lots of things, but particularly good at looking after their people.
- Market leading package – Yes, they pay incredibly well! £32,830 rising to £40,035 after 4 years
- Nice working environment – Fresh. Energised. Attractive. It’s the kind of place where you can do great things. A place where your ideas will be heard.
- Excellent work-life balance – Plenty of time off, fantastic benefits and some decent salaries to holiday in style. 4 weeks annual leave rising to 5 weeks, plus bank holidays
- Great opportunities to develop – They’ll value you for what you can do, rather than where you’ve come from. So they’ll accept, recognise and often implement your ideas and recognise your contribution.
Five-day/48-hour week, will include weekends
- Full training provided
- Company pension after 4 years
- Private Employee Medical Insurance after 4 years
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave after 2 years
- Long service awards
- Opportunities to progress to Store Manager
If this sounds like you and you are ready for a new & exciting challenge, please email your CV now!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.