Head of Purchasing – Exciting Food Brand
Head of Purchasing – Exciting Food Brand – FMCG - £80,000 + Benefits
Salary: Up to £80,000 + Benefits
My client is an exciting, fast-growing challenger brand who are thriving in the hospitality market, having established a reputation for delivering high quality products.
They are currently seeking an Interim Group Purchasing Manager to lead the Procurement and Supply Chain functions for the Group, responsible for approximately £20m p/a buying value over a range of 300 suppliers and over a 1000 ingredients and packaging items. This position will include managing a procurement team of six and report directly to the Group MD.
If you are accomplished in Procurement, experienced in managing a busy team, passionate about food and think you have the right skills for this position, then I want to hear from you!
Head of Purchasing Responsibilities:
- Maintaining optimum contract cover on ingredients and packaging and manage raw materials volatility, whilst delivering cost savings.
- Providing strong support to the NPD and marketing team in sourcing new ingredients, packaging and supplier, ensuring it meets our technical requirements.
- Keeping optimum stock level at all times, maintaining continuity of supply to production whilst managing slow moving stock and delisting products.
Head of Purchasing Requirements:
- Must have experience of food production/ manufacturing or large-scale procurement for big name brands.
- Manage the full procurement process including market research, supplier intelligence, tendering, negotiation of prices and conditions and contract implementation.
- Support NPD activity in sourcing new ingredients and suppliers, actively look for new innovation on the market.
- Support the team in maintaining live knowledge of crops to make the best procurement decisions in line with markets and seasons.
- Supplier relationship and performance management, sourcing new suppliers where appropriate to support business growth.
- Actively contribute to projects (NPD, packaging change, new customer development) from a procurement and supply chain angle, making supplier constraints known.
- Monthly reporting on key commodity markets and procurement activities to the Board of Directors of the Group.
- Manage the supply chain team liaising with production and the warehouse to ensure an efficient ordering process, eliminating ingredients shortages and wastages and as well as bringing stock of new ingredients/packaging in for new launches.
- Manage the teams, promote best practices and look for continuous improvement in processes and ways of working.
- Lead and support the development of each individual within the team.
- A curious and avid growth mindset, constantly looking for ways to improve and creatively solve problems – passionate in making a significant change in the way food is made and consumed in this country.
If you are interested in having a chat about this role, please forward updated CV’s to (url removed)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.