We have an exciting opportunity for a Tool Hire Assistant to join our Jewson Team, based in Wickham. The hours for this role will be 44.5 hours a week 7:30-17:00 Monday-Friday and 8:00-12:00 Saturday You will assist in the efficient running of the Tool Hire by building relationships with customers and staff to achieve maximum sales potential and customer service.
At Jewson we pride ourselves on our ability to provide a great welcome to our customers, being proactive when helping them, being trusted, and recognised for our 'customer first' approach. If you enjoy working with people and you think you could help our customers feel
- Ensure profitable customer relationships are built and maintained, including complaint resolution, preparing customer orders, loading and unloading safely and satisfactorily, ensuring any technical problems, faults and repairs are dealt with efficiently
- Ensuring sales orders and delivery schedules are processed accurately and promptly
- Advise customers on trading terms and conditions and information in relation to customer accounts and credit levels
- Supporting all company initiatives
- Following plans to continuously improve customer experience
- Understanding local market issues and communicate to Manager to support sale growth plans
- Administration - Tool Hire reports as necessary; all Tool Hire admin as necessary Health & Safety
- Administration - sales orders processed promptly; maintenance records up to date; cash payments processed correctly
- Assist supervisor with managing stock levels, including weekly PPIs, incoming goods checked against delivery tickets, and participate in stock takes as required
What we are looking for in Customer Service Advisor:
- Full, clean driving license (c1e and be) is preferred
- Working knowledge of appropriate Health & Safety legislation
- A relevant understanding of the market and product knowledge
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexible and enthusiastic attitude
- Demonstrable customer service focus
- Able to create and maintain successful relationships
- Good organisational skills to manage stock
- Experience in construction
- Relevant qualification in wood machinery (City & Guilds etc.)
- GCSEs (Or equivalent) - Maths & English
- Relevant forklift licence
- Experience in a sales/customer focussed role
- IT literate
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
You'll also get some great benefits…
- A defined contribution pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- Access to 100's of high street and leisure discounts, as well as a state of the art rewards system
- As part of Jewson, you're automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance scheme.
- Plus, plenty more!
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.