Who Are We?
Cornish Orchards was founded in 1999 in Duloe, South East Cornwall. The success and growth of our ciders and soft drinks has been incredible and we put this down to great people, great ingredients and a passion for great cider.
Cornish Orchards blends the best of traditional cider-making with all the best practices you expect to see in a modern dynamic drinks business. We pride ourselves with our attention to quality, food hygiene standards and environmental practices to produce the very highest quality products.
Following the recent exciting acquisition, since April 2019 Cornish Orchards has been part of Asahi UK. Asahi UK is part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition.
Today, Cornish Orchards are a passionate team of over 35 local staff, working hard to create premium soft drinks and award winning ciders, to serve a wide variety of markets, both local and further afield. As a growing business, we are now looking to take on an ambitious Engineering Manager to join our friendly team.
At Cornish Orchids we produce a fantastic product...cider! We are looking for a part-time Retail Assistant to deliver a passionate and professional customer service in our on-site shop where we sell our fantastic product.
- Opening and closing of the shop in accordance with site policy and procedures
- Ensuring shop is clean and tidy as per cleaning schedule and as necessary
- Recording stock used for samples, gifts, and tastings
- Ordering stock using SAP, our on site ordering system
- Responding and organising replacements for failed online deliveries. Using on site I systems to track and replace.
- Hosting customer tastings and product sessions in the shop and at customer events
- Processing web orders using various IT applications, including couriers own and SAP
- Assisting in the warehouse where appropriate
- Assisting with other tasks as may be required for the smooth operation of the business
- Adhere to and promote Health and Safety procedures on site.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for Cider and quality local produce!
- Great interpersonal skills
- Friendly, personable, confident individual who is comfortable speaking to groups of people
- Attention to detail. Ability to problem solve and able to tackle any task
- Computer literate and confident using IT systems
- Numeracy and financial acumen with knowledge of point of sale system, cash and card handling and reconciliation of takings
- Experience of a customer facing role advantageous
What you get:
- National Living Wage - £9.50 per hour
- Staff Discounts
- To work in a fun culture
- You get to work at a Cidery!
Zero Hours Contract - Working Hours are variable
- Summer Hours: March-December, 2-3 days per week (approx 14 hours a week)
- Winter Hours: January-March, 1 day (6 hours) a fortnight (Wednesday)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.