Area Sales Manager – FMCG – Leading Alcohol Retailer
Position: Area Sales Manager
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Salary: Up to £45,000 + Benefits
Location: London (required to travel when necessary)
My client is one of the UK’s leading alcohol retailers who, also with an international presence, have a great reputation for supplying specialist wine and spirits.
They are currently seeking an Area Sales Manager to join their North London team. The Area Sales Manager will be the key figure in generating new business for the commercial team; responsible for retaining and growing our existing clients, identifying new commercial opportunities, and delivering excellent customer service.
If you think you have the necessary skillset to be a success in this position, then I want to hear from you!
- Deliver against budgets set by the business as part of the overall on trade budget in conjunction with Head of Sales.
- Build account plans with key customers to deliver your business objectives and ensure strong business relationships, improve rate of sale and profitability.
- Deliver excellent levels of customer service across your account portfolio.
- Work closely with Head of Sales to ensure agreed regional plans are delivered at field level.
- Present account updates and future plans at bi-monthly sales team meetings
- Identify, develop and deliver insight driven innovation opportunities across all parts of the marketing mix, in order to drive portfolio and brand growth.
- A deep understanding of the business, its composition, brands and value proposition making key decisions in light of strategic and financial plans.
- Create alignment and integration by working with others, involving them at the right level throughout the process, to achieve clear decisions that can be executed quickly.
The Ideal Candidate:
- The candidate MUST come from a Wine Business Development/Sales background.
- Must have extensive experience for winning new business in the On-Trade market.
- WSET Qualified
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience gained in a Sales / Business Development role within wine & spirits.
- An excellent understanding of On-Trade channel (bars, hotels, restaurants)
- A thorough understanding of premium Wine & Spirits.
- A good local knowledge of North London and excellent existing contacts within the industry (On-Trade preferred).
- Well educated with relevant sales or marketing experience preferably gained working within the drinks industry.
If you are interested in having a chat about this role, please forward updated CV’s to (url removed)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.