About the role:
The primary function of the Quality department is to ensure the products that Claire's/Icings sell in Europe and North America are safe, comply with the law and are of a satisfactory quality to be sold.
The role of the Quality Control Assistant is to check the daily delivery of goods into the company, to ensure they comply with the law, meet company specification and are of satisfactory quality. The Quality Control Assistant will also assist the Quality Control Manager with providing legal/quality advice to the Buying team.
The Quality Control Assistant must work accurately and efficiently as part of the Quality Control team whilst providing support to the Quality Control Manager when requested.
The role will require to be worked on a shift basis.
- Quality Checks
- Action quality checks and ensuring all lines delivered are QC checked
- Check specified percentage of lines delivered and a specified percentage of each line.
- Liaise with the Quality Control Manager /Buying team/Accounts/ Warehouse/Suppliers over rejected lines and those to be reworked.
- Carry out necessary reductions/re-locations of stock on Pennine.
- Complete necessary QC checksheets/intake manifests.
- To maintain and develop quality check files.
- Liaise with Global Chemical QA Manager on collation of PIF files and technical data
- Legislative/standard documents.
- Maintain good communication links.
- Arrange for testing of products when requested.
- Obtain interpretation of legal statute/legal standards when requested by Quality Control Manager or the Buying team.
- Provide advice and interpretation of legislation/British and European standards to the Buying team.
- Carry out pre-delivery checks on lines where requested
- Ensure all colourfast samples tested. Buyers and suppliers notified of results in timely manner.
- Maintain a strong customer service focus
- Build and maintain internal and external customer satisfaction
- Assist in the invesitgation of customer product related complaints
- Build and maintain effective working relationship with key partners across the business
- Experience of working within an administrative environment
- Undertaking a range of administrative duties
- Experience of working on own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Experience of using both electronic and paper-based filing systems
- Experience of liaising with clients/customers to achieve resultsKnowledge of creating and maintaining and manipulating spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of using email systems
- Knowledge of how to navigate the Internet to locate and research information
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word - can create professional business letters, reports and other documentation
- 5 GCSE's at least grade A-C Including Math's/English or equivalent
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.