A leading International manufacturer of ladies, men’s and children’s clothing is currently seeking a Trainee / Assistant Merchandiser to join their growing business. They benchmark against the quality of their service delivery and timeliness and believe hard work with the right intent ensures success. Excellent career opportunity to grow your career progressing in the long term to Senior Merchandiser/ Account Manager.
- Communicating with the buying team and understanding key sample deadline and selection/ sign off dates
- Working with buyers to receive design packs in time for making sure critical deadline dates are met
- Working with in house design team and communicating with buyers to ensure appropriate feedback on CADs is given in time
- Monitoring progress of samples with the development team, to ensure availability of all required samples for buyer’s selection meetings on time
- Request buyers feedback on samples selected and act accordingly in either working on revised samples or having prices sent
- Merchandiser responsibility to ensure internal PO is correctly issued, checking in particular fabric quality/ wash, garment components and delivery dates
- Request buyers styling confirmation and ensure technologist team request fit comments to be able to handover style to garment tech
- Handover style to UK technologist, for tech to confirm base and spec block to the factory to activate plans, which also requires styling confirmation
- To ensure a timely review of account performance with the account manager in which attitude, performance and business projections is evaluated
- Critical path check for any dates surpassed or upcoming which need to be looked at and ensure orders are running on time
- Progress meeting with technologist to ensure issues are resolved and orders run on time
- Production updates from factory monitor and ensure orders run on time
- Critical path update to the customer to ensure approvals given and orders run in time
- A relevant degree in Fashion or similar.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
- IT Literate, ideally with Microsoft Excel knowledge.
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.