We’re proud to serve local communities in towns and villages across the south of England.
We know that our customers rely on us for our convenient locations and great product range but even more important is the customer service we provide and for that to happen, we need the right people to help encourage and manage the team.
We’re looking for a Duty Manager to support the Store Manager in managing the store and maximising store performance.
It comes as no surprise that in retail, no two days are the same but you can expect to be responsible for:
- Managing and developing store colleagues, leading and inspiring them to provide exceptional customer service setting Southern Co-op apart from its competitors
- Managing cash and other operational duties
- Assisting the store manager to deliver all operational KPI’s
- Promoting Southern Co-op by identifying opportunities to engage and support the local community
- Handling deliveries and maintaining availability for our customers
What we need from you
To be successful in this role, you’ll need proven team leader or supervisor experience within a retail or similarly fast paced environment. You’ll be able to plan, organise and prioritise effectively with a commitment to achieving exceptional customer service standards.
Working with a variety of people, you’ll need to have great communication skills and be able to influence at all levels retaining an enthusiastic and positive attitude. If you’re not already a personal licence holder, you’ll attend training within the first 16 weeks of appointment to obtain a licence.
We know it’s nice to have some perks too so you can expect a competitive salary, a bonus scheme, colleague discounts, a generous holiday allowance and a pension scheme along with many other benefits.
If this role sounds like a great fit for you and you love the pace of retail then please click the apply button.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.