Our client is an online fashion brand looking to recruit a Menswear Junior Buyer to join their growing and successful team in Manchester. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of online retail markets, be willing to work both alone and as part of a team and have 2- 3 years’ experience in a similar role. This is a fashion-forward, dynamic business to be a part of, offering fantastic opportunities for progression
- Working closely with the Design Team, and Director to develop a creative and balanced product range. Director will heavily lead product and dictate the vision of the range
- Experience as a buyer with merchandising experience
- Regular research using WGSN and web to identify or spot future trends
- Liaising with other departments within the organisation to ensure projects are completed
- Ensuring products are delivered to warehouse in time
- Attending trade events where required
- Monitoring stock levels by restocking or discontinuing certain product
- Reacting to changes in demand and logistics
- Providing a high degree of input on product and competitor activity
- Ensuring relevant trends and fashion are translated appropriately for our brand and customer
- Negotiating with and influencing own buy suppliers
- Ensuring the smooth running of the development process, maintaining schedules and key deadlines
- Identify growth opportunities within the product range
- Provide marketing teams with product selection as necessary, notably for email and social activities
- Have an understanding of fashion retail economics, preferably with exposure to smaller boutiques as well as larger retailers
- Have experience in visual merchandising, ideally in an online business
- Have strong product selection skills, combining data and knowledge/feel to select the right product for the right place
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years experience.
- You are ready to be part of and create new opportunities, outside of the traditional buying model
- Strong analytical mind set and ability, with proven experience in an analytical role
- You are a creative problem solver & decision maker
- You are able to do both analysis and create actionable insights
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent teamwork and influencing skills
- You have proven ability to build, lead and manage teams
- You are results driven
- Good judgement and decisive decision making
- Hard-working with a strong passion and enthusiasm for the fashion industry.
- A creative outlook, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and increase skill set and knowledge
Please be aware the duties listed above are an interpretation of the role and do not form any part of your employment contract. Please ask the interviewer any questions about the role that you wish to clarify.
Tagged Resources Limited acts as an employment agency. We have 25 years of Recruitment and Industry experience, working with Retail and Supply Chain markets and have various positions available. If this vacancy does not suit your experience and you are looking for a suitable role please look at our website or follow us on social networking sites. All are updated on a daily basis.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.