Mencap Retail began in 2016 and have been growing ever since. We now have 28 charity retail stores and are planning more new stores in the future. Do you want to join our team?
We are excited to be looking for a Store Assistant in our Godmanchester Store. This is a part time permanent opportunity offering 21 hrs 3 days per week. This is initially offered on a 6 month fixed term contract.
As the Store Assistant, you will:
- Assist the Store Manager to drive the sales to maximise the stores profit contribution.
- Be responsible for ensuring all day to day tasks are completed including sorting and pricing stock, merchandising and display.
- Volunteer management ensuring the store operates in a safe manor.
- Ensure that exceptional customer and donor service is offered at all times.
- Encourage repeat donations and sign up to Gift Aid to maximise income.
- Ensure all tasks are properly delegated to staff in accordance with their training and abilities.
- Be able to take responsibility for your own and your team’s development and learning.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and days including working weekend and Bank Holidays as appropriate.
- Occasionally travel to team meetings, training events and in the initial growth of the new retail stores, assist with the setting up other new stores.
- Be passionate about the Mencap values and will strive to ensure our Retail brand is successful.
- Have experience in working in retail, as customer facing environment is essential.
(Please read the Job Description to see a more comprehensive list of skills and experiences required for this role)
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge and want to work for an organisation that strives for excellence, we want to hear from you!
This role will close for shortlisting on 21st June and interviews will take place shortly after.
Please apply with an up to date CV.
JOB ID - 21824.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the direct gov website.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.