To work with the Directors to ensure that all team members are trained, equipped, motivated and empowered to carry out their work and thereby deliver the best possible guest experience.
As a General Manager you will be responsible for key areas of the business as allocated by your Line Manager. The General Manager is ultimately accountable for all aspects of the business and optimising its performance.
- To maintain food and service quality and consistency in line with Company standards. Ensure that the highest levels of Guest service are provided to each Guest on every visit.
- To uphold standards of quality, presentation and cleaning throughout the restaurant.
- To ensure that the business is effectively managed and staffed at all times.
- To ensure that all equipment is used correctly, in compliance with all Hygiene & Safety regulations and Company procedures.
- To deal with guests on a daily basis, in a prompt and professional manner.
- To facilitate feedback on suppliers to the General Manager.
- To maximise profitability through increased sales and controlled margins, whilst maintaining Company standards.
- To deliver budgets and forecast ratios.
- To grow sales through quality initiatives and local marketing.
- To report accurate purchase and wage costs on a weekly basis.
- To ensure that all daily, weekly and period paperwork is completed, and forwarded to the relevant departments.
- To ensure all staff receive regular and prompt induction & training, in compliance with Company standards and, where applicable, by law.
- Ensure that all the team are obsessed with our guests and that they are the reason we do each task.
- To motivate both management and staff teams, and to establish channels of communication for all Company and restaurant information.
- To ensure a “cascade” of information through holding weekly management meetings and monthly staff meetings.
- To promote local neighbourhood awareness of your restaurant through local marketing and initiatives.
- To ensure any marketing material in the restaurant is of the required standard.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.