CIRCA 50K DOE
Our client is offering an excellent opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager to join their successful business. Following a restructure of the Procurement/Purchasing Department this newly created role offers an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to shape and develop the function. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising and mentoring a Junior buyer.
The Procurement Manager will manage the company’s external suppliers, monitor supplier performance and implement sourcing and procurement strategies across the business.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Developing cost-efficient procurement strategies
- Identifying suitable suppliers and vendors
- Reviewing and negotiating terms with new and existing suppliers
- Perform risk assessments on existing suppliers and processes in place
- Approving PO's and confirming goods and service deliveries
- Create and develop SOP's for the procurement department.
- Control the procurement budget
- Use the IT system for tracking orders, inventory and supply of goods
- Provide data analysis - strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential
- Monitor KPI's and drive service improvements
- Experience working in similar role
- Procurement and purchasing experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Understanding of IT systems to implement and create effective goods order supply
- Excellent IT skills - Microsoft Excel is essential
- Analysing data
- Confident communicator with excellent team working skills
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension scheme
- Healthshield Cash Plan after 6 months probation
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.