Financial Controller | Nottingham | £60,000 - £75,000, plus benefits | Retail
If you are looking to take your first step into the world of Private Equity, this is a rare and excellent opportunity to do just that. A close PE partner of ours is looking to identify a Financial Controller for an exciting portfolio acquisition. The successful individual will work closely with an experienced PE CFO and play an integral part in the overall running of finance within the business, taking overall management and development of the finance team. This is a 'hands on' finance role and candidates with an impressive technical skillset (process, systems, attention to detail etc) will be preferred. This is a company the people are proud to work for, a real team work ethos where everyone is pulling in the same direction.
About the role
The Financial Controller will report directly into the CFO, taking overall responsibility of all aspects of the finance function. This is a true controlling role, it is business facing, however the main deliverables are focussed on the more technical aspects of the overall financial running of the business. The successful individual is expected to be the key finance representative when it comes to 'getting things right', high attention to detail and advocate of best practice across the business.
- Overarching management of the finance function, end to end
- Improve and develop financial process, information and value-add across the business
- Execute wider finance strategy collaborating closely with CFO and senior leadership team
- Management and development of the finance team (c. 8 people Qual, PQ, transactional)
- Manage audit relationship
- Development and delivery of excellent board and PE level reporting
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- If from practice, having already made at least a first move into industry
- Strong character, ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a fast paced PE backed business
- Standard costings
- Working capital and cash management
- Asset based lending
- Multi-site retail, desirable
- Retail and process improvements, desirable
- Team management
£60,000 - £75,000, plus benefits
Zachary Daniels and our client are both equal opportunity employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Candidates for this role will be sourced through both an advertised and an executive search process. All third party and direct applications will be forwarded to Zachary Daniels as the exclusive recruitment partner.
Due to recent significant increases in applications, it might take longer than we would like to respond to relevant profiles, we know this can be frustrating, thank you for your patience.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.