Mencap Retail began in 2016 and have been growing ever since. We now have 32 charity retail stores and are planning more new stores in the future. Do you want to join our team?
We are excited to be looking for an Assistant Store Manager for our store in Clifton, Nottingham on a part time (21 hours) permanent basis.
As an Assistant Store Manager you will:
- Will help develop in store systems and promote donations and sales to maximise profits
- Representing Mencap as an efficient and charitable organisation by ensuring that your actions reinforce the Mencap aims and values
- Strive to ensure stock is generated from the local area and donors
- Sign up donors to the Gift Aid scheme and ensure maximum income is achieve through Gift Aid
- Assist the Store Manager achieving profit targets by ensuring sales are maximised and the cost are effectively managed
- Maintain the store to a high standard of presentation throughout.
- Assist the Store Manager to build an effective volunteer team and provide training.
- Be responsible for all financial and cash handling and health and safety.
To be successful, you will be
- An experienced supervisor or assistant store manager with the ability to assist maintaining budgets and complete weekly income and banking sheets accurately, preferably with previous charity retail experience.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours and days including working weekend and Bank Holidays as appropriate.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge and want to work for an organisation that strives for excellence, we want to hear from you!
This role will close on 1st June and interviews will take place shortly after the closing date via Microsoft Teams.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
Vacancy ID: 21666
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.