Assistant Store Manager (Fixed-term contract)
- Salary: Competitive + benefits
- Job Type: Contract - Maternity Cover
- Hours per Week: 22.5
- Closing Date: Friday 18 June 2021
Are you an inspirational retailer looking for a great place to reach your full potential and make a difference with an exciting and expanding charity?
Now you can be part of our next chapter. We're looking for a commercially minded Assistant Store Manager to:
- Be available 3 days a week to build and inspire a team of volunteers
- Take personal ownership for the performance of the store
- Maximise profits
- Deliver excellent customer service.
In this varied and exciting role you will:
- Be instrumental in ensuring your store is a successful hub of the community,
- Work closely with Rehoming Centres
- Represent the Dogs Trust brand.
Reporting to the Store Manager (and also covering their full-time duties when they are on leave), you will be part of a busy and dynamic retail environment that changes every day!
Apply Now if:
- You have retail experience
- You're the kind of person who enjoys leading from the front, motivating people and driving sales through commercial awareness and inspirational customer service all whilst making a difference to the dogs in our care
Dogs Trust is the UK’s largest dog welfare charity. We care for around 14,000 stray and abandoned dogs each year through our network of 21 rehoming centres across the UK and Ireland. We never destroy a healthy dog.
With approximately 40 retail stores already across the UK and new stores opening almost weekly, Dogs Trust is the most rapidly growing charity retailer in the UK. With a broad range of donated and bought in products, we are looking for dynamic and flexible managers who have the customer and the charity at the heart of everything they do.
At Dogs Trust we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, abilities and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to achieve our mission. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, either at application or interview stage, please contact us.
This is a fixed term contract covering maternity leave, ending approximately April 2022.
To apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button. Our application process requires you complete an application form and a covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the role.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.