Senior Buyer | £45k p/a | Sheffield | Full Time, Permanent
Your new role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a growing manufacturing business within the South Yorkshire area on a permanent basis. As Senior Buyer you will be responsible for negotiating with suppliers, focusing on purchasing to deliver best value for the organisation focusing on both direct and indirect purchasing.
You will be providing cost effective and value added purchasing services to the business and have strong analytical skills with the ability to work as part of a team or as an individual. This role will also involve managing a small team and focusing on strategic procurement, supplier relations and stakeholder engagement.
- Management and implementation of Procurement/Category Strategy
- Management and develop key supplier relationships and monitoring of supplier performance
- Sourcing products from the UK and overseas
- Achieve cost reductions through tendering and negotiation
- Risk management
- Undertake tender exercises to ensure best deal is secured
- Sourcing of new suppliers and onboard in line with company policy and procedure
- Review and agree favourable terms and conditions
- Look for ways in which current practises can be improved and assist in implementation
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders
- Management of a small team of Buyers
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced within a Manufacturing / Engineering environment
- Experienced in a Strategic Procurement position
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication & listening skills
- Excellent ICT & Analytical skills with experience on MS Office packages & MRP/ERP
- Experienced in managing or overseeing a team
- CIPS or professionally qualified
- Knowledge of Legal requirements
- Contract and Supply Relationship Management experience
What you'll get in return
Salary up to £45,000 per annum
Full company benefits package
Opportunities for continued development
Currently working from home with Hybrid working moving forwards
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.