Compass Resourcing is currently recruiting a Store Manager on behalf of a Leeds based hire and tooling company.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress and develop your retail career. The suitable candidate will report directly to the directors and be responsible for managing the entire shop, stock levels, processes, transactions and staff to ensure a smooth, efficient and profitable running of the business.
Have a proven track record providing excellent customer service through face to face transactions, making sales, upselling, helping all customers and advising them accordingly.
The Store Manager will take in goods and be responsible and accountable for ensuring the shop is stocked, including raising purchase orders accordingly and ensuring each item is logged, processed and accounted for. This will include widening the supplier base by holding meetings and accessing viability of their products for the business.
Hiring of goods is a key factor to the business, therefore you will responsible and accountable to ensure that the process and procedures are followed. Each item will need to be cleaned when returned, catalogued, identified through asset labelling and recording and serviced accordingly etc.
The Store Manager will be responsible in ensuring the shop is kept tidy, presentable and is welcoming for all types of clients, trade and stake holders, as it is imperative that Store Manager plays a key part in growing the business and ensuring its success.
- To keep the Directors up-to-date on the business position through accurate reporting and updates.
- To free the Directors from day-to-day tasks
- To liaise with suppliers on stock and new items of interest and raise the respective purchase orders accordingly.
- To maintain momentum and help the business to succeed and reach the required sales targets and profitably levels.
Remember HILO – Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty and Obedience
Respect superiors at all times
Respect Company’s values and uphold the Mission Statement
EPOS or similar Good skills
Qualification, Certificates and Licences
- Minimum 3 GCSEs including Maths & English
- Appropriate sales skills & qualifications
- Availability to travel as and when required (supplier meetings)
Essential Selection Criteria
- Previous Shop Management experience, at least 3 years
- Willing to help out
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- “Can do” attitude
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Neat and tidy personality with similar core values to our own
- Previous experience of store stock, asset programs, and Excel databases
- Previous experience of working in tool and hire industry
This is a full time, permanent position, required ASAP.
Standard working hours are Monday - Friday 7am-5pm.
All Health & Safety risks will be covered in induction. If there is ever an instance in which you do not receive an induction, be sure to call Compass as a matter of urgency.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.